Home Blog Page 916

Never will I play for Hearts Of Oak again – Emmanuel Mintah

0

Image via HeartsOfOakGH

Former Hearts of Oak midfielder, Emmanuel Mintah has expressed his disappointment at the club for showing him the exit only before the resumption of the Ghana Premier League season.

Mintah 28, joined Hearts on a free transfer from Karela United in September 2019 after putting up an outstanding performance in the NC Special Competition.He signed a two-year contract with the club but was sacked just last week.

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/emmanuel-mintah-reveals-how-he-was-sacked-by-hearts/

He revealed that the club had earlier notified him about a possible sack but was shocked at this early shower.

The midfielder said he worked cordially with everyone at the club and so he feels disappointed at the way and manner he was handled with the sack.

In an interview with Silver 98.3 FM, Mintah made it known that he will never play for the continental club masters again.

“I will never go back to Hearts of Oak, although I have been a fan of the club since my childhood. I felt excited to play for a club that have been supporting but if they[Hearts of Oak] ask for my service again, I will say a big NO to them. Never will I play for Hearts of Oak again.”

When asked whether he has regretted joining the Phobians, he answered by saying:

“I don’t regret playing for them, at least they gave me chance to showcase my talent, gave me the necessary exposure and experience.”

By Perry Paisley

GFA cannot share stimulus package to clubs without FIFA’S approval – Fred Pappoe

0

Image via Happyfmghana

Fred Pappoe says the Ghana Football Association (GFA) cannot share the $500,000 stimulus package from Fifa among the clubs.

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/fifa-500000-will-not-be-shared-to-clubs-ghana-fa/

The GFA is set to receive the $500,000 from the world football governing body aimed at paying the operational costs of the football Association.

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/fifa-confirms-150-million-in-coronavirus-relief-funds/

Some Ghanaian clubs, before Fifa’s announcement, called on the Ghana FA for financial support, and have since demanded for their share of the stimulus package.

But Pappoe – a former vice-president of the GFA indicated the money from Fifa is purely for operational costs which the FA will account for.


“The money is for FA operational expenses and there are clear guidelines on what the money can be used for. It makes it difficult if clubs are demanding for a share of the money. The prescription and guidelines which accompanies the money will not allow the GFA to do that”, he told Happy FM.

“The monies given to the GFA will be accounted for, and there will be auditing as well by FIFA”.

He indicated that the GFA should send a proposal to FIFA if they are to extend support to the clubs.

“I am sure the GFA can put up a proposal to FIFA to explain to them about sharing the money with the Ghanaian clubs during these difficult times.”

Ghana FA writes off GHS1,200,000 debt of Division One Clubs

0

PHOTO credit: via 442gh

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has cancelled the GHS 1,200,000 loan it offered to the 48 Division One clubs prior to the commencement of the 2019/20 season.

The Executive Council gave an amount GHS 25,000 to each club to aid their preparations ahead of the suspended League.

But Footydreamsgh.com understateds that the football governing body has relieved the clubs of the debt.

The decision was reached Wednesday during a Zoom videc-conference between the GFA Executive Council and representatives of the Division One clubs.

This move is expected to lessen the financial burdens of the clubs due to the impact of the widespread COVID-19 disease.

The hopes of the clubs making some amount from the Fifa stimulus package of $500,000 was dashed when the FA announced the FIFA package was for operational costs.

Kotoko: Prof.Lydia Nkansah-led committee to sit in camera

0

Image credit via Ghanasoccernet

Personal Aide of the Chief of Staff for Manhyia, Kwame Aboagye Mensah has revealed that the Prof. Lydia Nkansah-led Committee to investigate Asante Kotoko affairs will sit in camera.

His Majesty Otumfuo Osei Tutu II announced a three-member Committee to investigate all aspects of the club Wednesday.

The ad-hoc Committee will be chaired by Prof. Nkansah – who is the Dean of the Faculty of Law at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.

Other members include Mr. Kofi Owusu – Registrar of the Ashanti Regional House of Chiefs and Lawrence Bruce Kyei Esq. – a private legal practitioner.

Mr. Aboagye Mensah said that all club officials who will be invited will appear before them in private.

“The work of the committee will be in camera ,people will be appearing before them in private,” Aboagye Mensah told Oyerepa FM.

“We will communicate to the populace as at when the need be and also when they are done with their work.”

The Committee has been given four weeks to submit their report to the Asantehene.

REVEALED:Ghana FA to use Fifa stimulus package to PAY OFF DEBT

0

Image credit:GFA

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has revealed to representatives of the clubs that it will use the $500,000 stimulus package ftom FIFA to pay off the association’s debts.

According to reports monitored on Sunyani-based Space FM, the hierarchy of the football governing body indicated to members that the debts are of two components..

The report suggests that the association owes Kenpong Travel and Tours and Westhead Limited the sum of $1.4 million.

The other debt of the Association is said to be an amount of GHS 23 million.

Fifa recently revealed its COVID-19 relief fund plan for the 211 members to foot their operational costs.

The hopes of the clubs making some amount from the Fifa stimulus package of $500,000 was dashed when the FA announced the FIFA package was for operational costs.

Kotoko in fresh financial tussle as player agency demands $59,000

0

The growing debt of Asante Kotoko seems not be ending soon as reports indicate the club will be hit with another financial tussle with Clu Consult Africa, an agency owned by Yusif Alhassan Chibsah – a former player of the club.

The report claims the Porcupine Warriors owe the company an amount of $59,000. $30,000 of it is said to be an agency fee to be paid to Chibsah’s agency for brokering Kwame Bonsu’s transfer to Esperance of Tunisia.

The agency also facilitated the transfer of the Reds former striker Abdul Fatawu Safiu to Swedish side Trelleborgs last year. The report indicated the remaining $29,000 is the agency fee for that deal.

The report suggests that Kotoko are bent on not paying the money because Strike – which is a kit manufacturing company and provides kits for the club is also under Club Consult Africa – are yet to pay the Kumasi-based club their dividends from the sales of jerseys and other souvenirs since entering in an agreement two seasons ago.

Kotoko’s top hierarchy believes that they have given Strike the needed mileage and support to become a good brand in Ghana and Africa at large while participating in Caf Champions League and Confederation Cup and deserves their share of the dividends.

Prof. Lydia Nkansah – the woman to Chair the three-member C’tee to investigate affairs of Kotoko

0

Image credit via Ghanasoccernet

Professor Lydia Apori Nkansah is Dean and Associate Professor of Law at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Kumasi.


Previously, she held a lectureship at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, where she trained members of the parliaments of Ghana and Liberia on constitutionalism and legislative process; and served as an academic instructor at the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College.


She helped to establish the third public law school in Ghana.


In addition, Lydia has facilitated courses at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre in the rule of law, human rights, transitional justice and the law of armed conflict.


She has experience in human rights enforcement, in both peacetime and post-conflict situations.


She was a senior legal officer at the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice of Ghana, the head of the Research Unit of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission for Sierra Leone and leader of evidence for the commission’s hearings.


She was also the international expert advisor to the Transitional Legislative Assembly of Liberia on a Truth and Reconciliation Bill.  Her research interest is to examine issues in transitional democracies in Africa from legal perspectives; constitutionalism, democratic transitions, and the various juridical models for administering justice in order to address abuses occasioned by conflict.


She has published and presented papers at conferences in the areas of constitutional law, transitional justice, international criminal justice, international criminal courts, truth commissions, legal jurisprudence, presidential successions, elections, consumer protection and interdisciplinary legal research methods.

Source: Ghanasoccernet

BREAKING NEWS: Manhyia form three-member Committee to investigate Kotoko affairs

0

Image credit via Kickgh

His Majesty Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has formed a three-member Committee to investigate the affairs of Asante Kotoko.

The Asantehene appointed Prof. Lydia NKANSAH, who is the Dean of the Faculty of Law at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology to Chair the committee.

Other members of the ad-hoc Committee are Mr. Kofi Owusu, who is the Registrar at the Ashanti Regional House of Chiefs and Lawrence Bruce Kyei – a private legal practitioner.

They have been given four weeks to submit their report.

The Sole Shareholder of the Porcupine Warriors indicated in a Press release a few days ago that, he will set up a committee to look into issues surrounding the club with regards to growing debt and other administrative lapses

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/kotoko-sole-shareholder-otumfuo-osei-ii-sets-ad-hoc-committee-to-invest-judgment-debt-brouhaha/

OFFICIAL: Hearts announce Nuru Sulley capture

0

Hearts Of Oak have officially announced the signing of former defender Nuru Sulley.

The 27-year-old experienced central defender rejoins the Phobians on a two-year deal Wednesday.

He is extremely to strengthened the defensive network of the club when the 2019/20 Ghana Premier League resumes.

Sulley left Hearts in 2014 to join El-Nasr Benghazi in Libya. He went on to play for Naft Al-Junoob SC in Iraq.

Sulley returned to Ghana last year after his contract with the Iraqi club expired.

He has been training with coach Edward Nii Odoom’s charges since last year.

Kotoko: Esperance, Fifa debt settled

0

Asante Kotoko have cleared the debt owed Tunisian club, Esperance and Fifa over the wrongful acquisition of striker, Emmanuel Clottey in 2015.

The Ghanaian giants were slapped with a whooping fine of $240,000 by the world football governing  body – FIFA, comprising $180,000 for the player’s transfer; $45,000 representing accrued interest and $15,000 to FIFA as legal charges.

But $30,000 was paid by the Reds to the Tunisian side after reaching an agreement with them to write off the $45,000 accrued interest on the total figure.

The $15,000 legal charges to FIFA has as well been paid

Club spokesman, Kennedy Boakye Ansah tells www.akscgh.com that both clubs have written to FIFA to officially inform it of the settlement. “Kwame Kyei has paid the amounts due Esperance and FIFA in the Emmanuel Clottey issue,” he confirmed.

“Thirty thousand ($30,000) US dollars goes to Esperance as an addition to the $150,000 owed Kotoko for the transfer of Kwame Bonsu. The Chairman also paid $15, 000 to FIFA as legal charges. We are grateful to our Chairman and Ashford Tetteh Oku of Close Marking Consult for the smooth closure of this case.”

The world football governing body gave Kotoko up to May 17, 2020 to settle the debt or face a transfer ban on the national and international fronts.