Home Blog Page 917

Malawi FA support players and officials with over $400,000 amid COVID-19 crisis

0

Football Association of Malawi (FAM) has doled out an amount around $477,000 to aid players and officials amid the widespread of the novel COVID-19 pandemic.

Football activities have been put on hold worldwide, making it difficult for clubs to meet their expenditure monthly with regards to payments of salaries, and other operational costs.

The Association, therefore aims to give the nembers some sort of relief due to the impact on finances of football clubs globally.

The Association took the decision Monday during a video-conference Emergency Meeting to review the impact of the COVID-19 disease on Malawi football.

Members of the Association to benefit from the stimulus package are Super League club players and team officials, Women’s Football Regional League Teams and Elite Referees.

The above-mentioned beneficiaries will get monthly stipends not less than minimum wage prescribed by Malawi Government.

Richard Ofori nominated for KickOff Footballer of the season

0

Image credit via KickOff.com

Ghana goalkeeper, Richard Ofori has been nominated for KickOff Footballer of the season award.

The Maritzburg United goalkeeper will meet stiff competition from the likes of Themba Zwane and Gabadinho Mhango .

Ofori feels honoured to have been selected for the award and attributed it to hard work.

“As a keeper I feel happy and honoured, excited to be nominated as one of the footballers of the year,” Ofori tells KickOff.com.

“I would like to thank God for the blessings. It’s not often to see a keeper nominated in these awards so the mere fact that I am part of it this year means my efforts and hard work are noticed there.

“But all is made possible through God and most importantly my entire team as a whole who gave me the best and most comfortable environment to work in.”

He was impressive when Maritzburg reached the final of the Telkom Knockout in December.

The Team of Choice are currently fifth on the Absa Premiership table .

Techiman Eleven Wonders sign deal with Koreens Galaka Enterprise

0

Techiman Eleven Wonders have announced a three-year deal with Koreens Galaka Enterprise to supply them with Macron kits.

footy.ghpush.com/ understands that the deal will see the Techiman-based club pay production cost of replica jerseys.

However, they will be given three sets of jerseys each for home and away matches.

In addition, there will be two sets of training apparels as well as o cones and hurdles.

A club statement read: ”Official: we have signed 3 years contract with Koreens Galaka Enterprise to supply us Macron branded kits.”

View image on Twitter

The club will pocket US$ 200,000 if they qualify to play in CAF’s inter-clubs competition by winning the Ghana Premier League or MTN Ghana FA Cup.

Hearts have reserved a jersey for Muntari – Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe

0

Image credit via Kickgh

Hearts Of Oak board member, Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe has revived the news about Sulley Muntari’s move to the club by revealing that the team has reserved a jersey for him.

Last week, there were rumours that the former AC Milan midfielder is close to joining the Rainbow Club to relaunch his career.

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/former-ac-milan-midfielder-close-to-joining-hearts-of-oak/

But Hearts moved quickly to debunked the media reports.

Muntari trained with the club last year after ending his contract with Spanish second-tier side Albacete.

Dr. Tamakloe says Hearts are ready to welcome the former Ghana international to the team.

”For the past two years, Hearts of Oak have been telling Sulley Ali Muntari that we’ve reserved a jersey for him. Anytime he’s ready to play, he knows what to do,” Dr. Tamakloe told Accra-based Angel FM.

Muntari has been without a club since leaving Spanish second-tier side Albacete in the summer of June, 2019.

Maxwell Konadu urges Thomas Partey to move to EPL

0

Image via graphiconline

Coach of Asante Kotoko, Maxwell Konadu has urged Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Teye Partey to make his dream move into the English Premier League.

The Ghanaian international – who has a £47 million release clause in his contract with the La Liga side ‘ has linked with a move to join premiership side Arsenal.

Reports indicate that there has been talks between Mikel Arteta(Arsenal coach) and agent of the midfielder few months ago.

Snippets of information gathered indicate that Partey does not want to extend his stay at Atletico and is favouring a move to the Premiership.

And, the former Black Stars B gaffer has advised him to chase his dream of playing in England.

Manchester United are also reported to be interested in securing the services of Thomas Partey.

Osei Palmer reveals why Kwesi Appiah’s contract was not renewed

0

Image via Kickgh

Wilfred Osei Kwaku ‘Palmer’ – former Black Stars Management Committee Chairman, has revealed that former Black Stars Coach Kwasi Appiah’s contract was not extended as the Black Stars coach because he stepped on many toes.

According to Palmer, Coach Appiah – who qualified Ghana to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil – refused to be influenced by those at the helm of affairs with regards to player selections into the senior national team.

PHOTO CREDIT: via Ghanasoccernet:Wilfred Kwaku Osei Palmer

“Is it not an open secret that because Kwesi Appiah did not call certain kinds of players [when he was in charge of Ghana], somebody got agitated and at the end of it all we know the outcome of that decision today,” Palmer told FOX FM.

Appiah’s contract expired November last year but was not renewed by the new GFA administration.

Yaw Yeboah not matured for Black Stars – CK Akonnor

0

Image via Kickgh

Ghana Under-23 captain, Yaw Yeboah has revealed that head coach of Black Stars C.K Akonnor has told him that he is not riped for call-up to the national team.

Yeboah – who is on a season-long loan at Celta Vigo B from FC Numancia – said he contacted Akonnor prior to the announcement of his maiden call-up ahead of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sudan.

He indicated that he will continue to work hard to earn a call-up at the appropriate time, having excelled at the youth level.

“It wasn’t too surprising I wasn’t invited for the AFCON qualifier against Sudan, I had the chance to talk to coach CK Akonnor and he told me I’m not ready for the Black Stars,” Yeboah told Kumasi FM

“After joining Celta Vigo B, I’m waiting to play in the La Liga and so far I have been playing a couple of games and also gotten the opportunity to train with the first team.

“He feels my confidence is low but he knows me very well and even coached me at ‘Right to Dream Academy’. 

“We have a good relationship but I feel he decides who to call,maybe in the next call up I will be ready. 

“As a young player and as a Ghanaian,I always want to represent my country at every level. 

“For now I’m done with the youth level and looking up to a Blackstars call up,” he stressed.

Palmer vows to quit football

0

Image via Ghanasoccernet

Tema Youth owner Wilfred Kwaku Osei ‘Palmer’ has vowed to quit football if he is found guilty of influencing player selections into national teams of Ghana.

The former Black Stars management committee chairman made allegations Tuesday that Ghana FA officials have been influencing player selections into Black Stars and other national team call-ups.

Pundits of the game and a section  of Ghanaians have fingered the disappointed Ghana FA presidential aspirant in such acts, but Palmer insists his players who earned call-ups deserved it

“If any coach or agent is able to say that I accepted any money or gift to influence a player’s inclusion to the various national team, I will quit doing football business in Ghana. I dare any coach or player to come out today,” Palmer told FOX FM.

“Everyone know the kind of person I am and even when someone at a point approached me to help his player’s inclusion to a national team while I was in charge of the management committee, I blatantly told the person it is not possible because it is against my principles.

“Every player from Tema Youth that got the opportunity to feature for national team deserved it. They got the chance on merit to represent the country and not because I was involved or whatsoever,” he added.

Palmer, who is pursuing  a legal tussle at CAS, is still harbouring high hopes to become Ghana FA president despite being disqualified to participate in last year’s elections.

GFA Officials influence Black Stars and other National Team call-ups – Palmer

0

Image via ashesgyamera

Former Executive Council Member Wilfred Osei Palmer has revealed that player selections to form the various national teams are not done fairly in the country

Disappointed Ghana Football Association presidential aspirant Wilfred Kwaku Osei ‘Palmer’ has insisted that players that are selected to the senior national team and other teams to represent the country are usually influenced by top members of the association.

PHOTO CREDIT: via ashesgyamera.com:Wilfred Kwaku Osei Palmer

According to the former Black Stars Management Committee chairman, nepotism takes centre stage at the detriment of the development of the game since some officials use their influences to invite players that do not match the requirements needed to solve a technical problem in various national teams.

“It is an open secret that GFA officials influence the selection of players into the national team. There are some players who come to the national team but are not fit to be in the team,” Palmer told Daily Graphic.

“Instead of we looking at things from a technical perspective, we tend to look for players very close to us to be part of the team, irrespective of their level or quality of skills they have.

“If you have your doubts, you can talk to the ex-coaches and they will tell you a lot,” he added.

Palmer is still banking his hopes of becoming Ghana FA on Court of Arbitration for Sports to overturn a ruling which barred him from contesting for the position last year.

A positive ruling from CAS would mean that a new election will be held since the one that brought Kurt Okraku into office would be nullified.

By Evans Gyamerah-Antwi

GFA Ethics Committee receives videos from Tiger Eye PI

0

The Ghana Football Association has revealed that it has received fresh footages from Tiger Eye PI on the ‘Number 12’ Expose.

The investigative firm premiered a video which exposed some Ghana Football Association officials in corrupt practices.

Below is the GFA Statement

The Ghana Football Association Ethics Committee has taken delivery of the raw footage of “Number 12 exposé” from Tiger Eye PI.

The Accra-based investigative organization on June 6, 2018 premiered an anti-graft investigations involving Ghanaian football officials.

The investigations was meant to uncover some unscrupulous behaviour in the Ghanaian football fraternity.

The Executive Council in February 2020, requested for the raw footage of the “Number 12 exposé” in order to deal with the matter which remains one of the key Compliance and Integrity demands from FIFA.

The videos are key components for the Ethics Committee in its work on this governance issue.

Officials of Tiger Eye PI have also assured the GFA of their preparedness to assist the Ethics Committee in its work.

Receiving the footage, General Secretary Prosper Harrison Addo thanked officials of Cromwell Gray LLP (lawyers of Tiger Eye PI) on behalf of the Ghana Football Association assuring all that work will commence immediately on the matter to bring closure to all stakeholders including FIFA.

SOURCE: GFA COMMUNICATIONS