Home Blog Page 912

VIDEO: Top Six Goals of Halmstad BK and Ex- Hearts striker Sadat Karim

0

Image via Instagram

footy.ghpush.com/ brings you the top six goals of Halmstad BK striker, Sadat Karim.

The former King Faisal attacker has scored many goals in his career but we bring you the top six in his football career.

The goals include spectacular one he netted for Ghanaian giants Hearts Of Oak.

Below is Karim’s top six goals in his career by Yusif Alhassan Chibsah Foundation

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_xTSFrjW5e/?igshid=1adjlg3gmrvio

Extremadura UD midfielder Emmanuel Lomotey flattered by interest across Europe

0

Ghana national under-23 team player, Emmanuel Lomotey is thrilled with the supposed interest from other clubs as he continues to deliver at a high level for Spanish second-tier side, Extremadura UD.

The hard working central midfielder has been instrumental for the “Azulgranas” this season making a total of 15 league 
appearances and scoring one goal as they battle for survival in the La Liga SmartBank.

The exploits of Lomotey has caught the attention of French Ligue 1 side Metz, Portuguese outfit Braga, as well as Bundesliga 2 club 
Union Berlin, who are all after his signature in the upcoming transfer window with the Ghanaian saying he would keep working 
hard as his stock continues to rise.

“I have read about it on the internet but now my focus is on helping my club to stay in the league. I want to give my best always 
for Extremadura. Anything concerning transfer is in the hands of my representatives.” Lomotey told Graphic Sports Online.

“As a player, if other clubs are said to be interested in you, it means your work is being noticed. I will continue to give my 
hundred percent on the field.”

Lomotey, 22, joined Extremadura on July 1, 2017 after winning the Dreams FC player of the season award. He started with the 
club’s under 19 team before being loaned out to Villarreal in 2018 where he remained a constant figure in their team B squad.

The talented midfielder returned to Extremadura last season upon their qualification to the Spanish second tier and has been the 
engine of the team.

On the international scene, he was part of the Black Stars B team that won the 2017 WAFU tournament in Ghana. He featured 
also for the Black Meteors team that failed to qualify for the 2020 Olympic Games.

By Edmund Okai Gyimah

GFA legacy debt document: Kwasi Appiah was on $20,000 bonus per match

Image via myjoyonline.com

Former Black Stars coach Kwasi Appiah was on a $20,000 per match winning bonus, according to a Ghana Football Association (GFA) document intercepted by the media.

GFA legacy debt documents available indicate that Appiah is owed four months’ salaries and two matches worth of bonuses. Appiah’s two-year contract expired in December last year but had not received salaries for the previous four months.

His salary, shown to be $35,000 per month, and winning of $20,000 a month brought the total owed him to $180,000.

The document’s figures further revealed that Black Stars players are on $10,000 winning bonus contrary to claims that they take $5,000 per match.

Joy Sports checks disclosed that coach of the senior national team takes twice the winning bonus of players, as has been standard practice for many years, and this document has shed light on the constant denials of authorities that players are not paid $10,000 per a match.

It would be recalled that the Minister of Youth and Sports, Isaac Asiamah, announced a deduction of the bonuses of players by 50% during the 2017 AFCON in Gabon. At the time, the agreement was to pay the players $10,000 per win.

Media reports in March 2019 said the $10,000 was restored for AFCON 2019 in Egypt, but Deputy Youth and Sports Minister, Perry Okudzeto, in an interview with Asempa FM denied the reports, saying at the time: “We have not increased or slashed the winning bonus for the Black Stars players. The winning bonus is still $5000.”

But this document clearly shows that the match-winning for the team in their 2021 AFCON qualifiers against South Africa and Sào Tomé and Principé stood at $10,000 for the players and $20,000 for the coach.

By Muftawu Nabila Abdulai

Former Congolese defender Hiannick Kamba FOUND ALIVE four years after being reported dead

0

Image via Ghanasoccernet

Former Congolese footballer, Hiannick Kamba has been found alive in Germany four years after he was reported dead.

Kamba, 33, has been found alive in Gelsenkirchen, where he has been working back as a chemical technician for an energy company.

The former Schalke 04 defender was pronounced dead in January 2016 after he was involved in a car crash in his homeland Congo.

Kamba once played alongside goalkeeper Manuel Neuer with the Bundesliga outfit but four years ago, he was playing for German eighth-tier side VfB Huls.

There were numerous tributes all over the world after he was declared dead.

His ex-wife, who it is claimed collected a six-figure life insurance payment after presenting documents that proved his death is currently being investigated by prosecutors.

OFFICIAL: Hearts Of Oak sign Nigerian striker Ademola Kuti

0

Hearts Of Oak have officially completed the signing of Nigerian striker Ademola Kuti Danjuma.

The Phobians announced on Tuesday that the former Nigeria Under-17 signed a two-year deal with the club after successful negotiations.

The 21-year-old joins as a free agent. He last played for Indian Super League side Punjab FC .

The highly-rated skillful attacker has been training with coach Edward Nii Odoom’s charges before the season was suspended.

He is expected to bring on board his enormous experience acquired to help the attack of the Rainbow Club when the season resumes.

Ademola Kuti becomes the Phobians fifth signing in the transfer window after the landing Nuru Sulley, Abednego Tetteh, Abdourahamane Mamane Lawali and Eric Dizan.

He has also had stints with Fujairah FC and Lobi Stars.

Ghana FA writes to CAF for two weeks extension to decide on 2019/20 football season

0

Image via footballmadeinghana.com

Communication Director of the Ghana Football Association(GFA), Henry Asante Twum has revealed that the FA has notify the Confederation of African Football (CAF) for a two-week extension to be able to take a decision on the 2019/20 season.

Last week, the football governing body engaged the various stakeholders through a virtual meeting to decide on the future of the 2019/20 Ghana Premier League.

Most of the clubs have suggested that the 2019/20 football season be cancelled whilst others have proposed football should return when its safe to do so.

However, a firm decision is yet to be made on the future of the suspended season.

Henry Asante Twum in an interview confirmed that the GFA has given CAF a situational report on the pandemic in Ghana.

“We have sent a situational report by giving CAF enough info on what is happening in Ghana”, he told Asempa FM.

“We have notify them that we cannot take a decision without adhering to the directives from government.

“We have given CAF an update and we have requested for two weeks where by we will come up with a firm plan and decision going forward,”he added.

Ghana had up to May 5, 2020 to submit its representatives to CAF for next season.

African Legends Cup of Nations: Abedi Pele vs Gyan

0

It’s a Ghanaian derby in the First Round of the African Legends Cup of Nations this Friday evening.

African Legends Cup of Nations

One of the most fascinating match-ups of the African Legends Cup of Nations when the draw was conducted threw up an all-Ghanaian derby between Abedi Pele and Asamoah Gyan.

These two deserve to be considered alongside the likes of Robert Mensah, Baba Yara, Edward Aggrey Fynn and Ibrahim Sunday as some of the Black Stars’ finest players, but who will progress to the Round of 16?

International Career

Despite never winning the Africa Cup of Nations, Gyan scores particularly highly here. In fact, his score of 23 is one of the highest in the Alcon, even though a case could be made that he underachieved in African competition.

Despite reaching two Afcon finals, he never lifted the big one, but did make the semi-finals at least in each of his first six tournament appearances—a remarkable run of consistency.

He is also Africa’s all-time top scorer at the World Cup—stepping up in some of the biggest games in the country’s history, against the likes of Czech Republic, the United States and (partly) Uruguay.

He is the Black Stars’ all-time record appearance holder and their top scorer, both remarkable achievements considering the quality the national side have been able to call upon over the years.

Despite winning the Nations Cup in 1982—his first appearance at the finals—Pepe wouldn’t feature in the next four editions, before returning to reach the final again in 1992.

He conquered the continent once, but it’s a disappointing return for a sensationally talented player who also never reached the World Cup.

Abedi Pele: 12/35 Gyan: 23/25

Club Career This is one area where Gyan falls short. Despite scoring in Ligue 1, Serie A and the Premier League during his early 20s, his decision to move to Asia before his peak means that he never tested himself at the highest level during his prime.

He picked up national and regional silverware aplenty with Al Ain, but unlike some of the other big names in the Alcon, he never secured major honours in the European theatre.

Pele, by contrast, was a European champion with Olympique de Marseille, proving himself to be a key man in the finest team of the season in the grandest competition of them all.

History undermined—to an extent—the achievements of that fine OM team, but Pele was also part of the team who won French titles in 1991 and 1992.

Abedi Pele: 10 Gyan: 3

Individual Accolades

These two were widely decorated—individually—for their achievements at club and international level, with Pele winning the African Player of the Year award on three occasions.

He was also named in the Brazilian Pele’s Fifa 100, and was named Afcon Player of the Tournament in 1992, as Ghana reached the final.

While Pele certainly clinches it in terms of peak achievements during those glorious years in the early 90s, Gyan has the edge in terms of longevity.

As noted, he stands alone both as Ghana’s record appearance maker and their all-time top scorer, while, like Pele, he was also a BBC African Footballer of the Year on one occasion, and finished runner-up for the Caf prize once.

He won five Golden Boots in club competitions during his career—testament to his consistency—and made Caf’s Team of the Year on three occasions.

A big game player, he made the Nations Cup Team of the Tournament twice, and only Sammy Kuffour has won the Ghanaian Footballer of the Year award on more occasions.

Abedi Pele: 9 Gyan: 10

Ability Pele, one of the elite African players of all time, scores very highly in the ‘ability’ section, and there are only four players in our African Legends Cup of Nations who have a better score than his 23/25.

He was nicknamed ‘The African Maradona’ early in his career, primarily for his dribbling skills, ability, close control and pace, although he was also inventive as well, capable of moments of magic to settle big matches.

His performance against AC Milan in the Champions League final were evidence of a truly World Class talent, and his work alongside Jean-Pierre Papin and Chris Waddle is still fondly remembered in Provence.

Gyan, while a fine goalscorer and an excellent physical specimen, belongs a level or two below the truly top class African talents.

Perhaps this explains his decision to move to Asian football so early in his career.

No doubt, he was an immense big game player, but injuries certainly began to take their toll during the last half-decade.

Abedi Pele: 23 Gyan: 14

Overall Rating This one is tighter than many would have expected, with Gyan’s overall body of work at club and international level ensuring for a competitive contest against Pele.

The elder Ghanaian may have reached far higher levels during the early 90s, and won the Nations Cup in 1982, but his peak was relatively brief and he never got the chance to showcase his qualities at the World Cup.

Gyan was part of the Ghana team that reached the World Cup quarter-finals in 2010, and while he failed to win the Nations Cup, he did reach the semi-finals six times and the final twice.

Ultimately, Pele’s immense natural ability—as Africa’s best player of the early 90s—takes him through to the Last 16.

Abedi Pele: 54 Gyan: 50

By Ed Dove/Goal

Essipong Stadium Renovation: Government to spend over $3m on first phase

0

Image via Footballmadeinghana

The Government of Ghana, according to the Sports Minister, is expected to spend over US$3 million to renovate its Essipong Sports Stadium.

According to Hon. Isaac Asiamah, the said amout is only for the first phase of the reovation works.

The sStadium has not been renovated since it was used for the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations tournament.

The initial phase starts immediately with works to be carried out comprising;

  • Removal and Replacement of existing defect roofing sheets
  • Replacement of damaged roof structural steel frame members and bolts.
  • Corrosion Protection works involving sand blasting to remove built up rust and subsequently applying heavy duty coating system to guard against corrosion to metals structure from the Mid-West Stand to South Stand.
  • Water Proof treatment applied to leaking areas
  • Repair of Lift, Fire-Fighting System and Air condition Units
  • General Renovation of Offices
  • Plumbing works involving replacement of existing defective sanitary appliances

Speaking to the media after the inspection exercise, the Sports Minister disclosed that a total of US$3,086,206 (17,969,447 Ghana cedis) within a year.

He said “after Essipong is brought back to life, the ministry will ensure religious maintenance culture, we will provide maintenance manuals for all the stadia that we are renovating”.

“There is going to be a strict adherence to maintenance culture here”, he noted.

Odartey Lamptey advises Thomas Partey to remain in Spanish La Liga

0

Image via Instagram

Former Ghana internationl Nii Odartey Lamptey has advised Thomas Partey to change his stands on moving to the English Premier League by staying at Atlético Madrid.

Arsenal and Manchester United are believed to be the leading with regards to clubs interested in his signature.

Odartey Lamptey feels the Black Stars midfielder’s style of play is best suited for the Spanish game and a change may not necessarily be a wise move this summer.

“Offers are coming in for Partey but I’m telling you today, if he doesn’t make the right decision and chose the right club and country, he will go off.” Odartey Elmina based Ahomka FM.

“Decision making can spoil your career as a footballer because it happened to me during my playing days. it was wrong for me to choose Aston Villa over the French team that came calling so I will use my story to advise him to stay in Spain.”

“His playing style does not fit that of England and Spain. He can decide to leave Atletico and join other Spanish clubs but not either England or Italy.”

“I know he has to consider the financial package involved in any deal but if he wants his career to keep flourishing, then he should not make a move away from Spain because he can equally make money at Atletico” he added.

The 5 Worst Foreign Players To Have Played For Asante Kotoko Over The Last Three Years

0

Asante Kotoko Sporting Club have always been big spenders in the transfer market, no matter what era. It’s been one of the key reasons for their success, and will likely remain that way from 2020 onwards.

The 24-time Ghanaian champions have always gone for the most promising youngsters and proven superstars on the African continent.

This approach has worked pretty well for them considering everything they’ve won in the last 10 years. However, there have been times when things haven’t always gone their way with new recruits.

The likes of Soulama Abdoulaye, Songne Yacouba, Ahmed Toure, Joseph Ochaya have taken the Porcupine warriors to continental and Domestic competitions.

But as they methodically built their way up to the top, not every new signing that arrived ended up with legendary status – or even anywhere close to it for that matter.

Asante Kotoko in the last decade has however, purchased some foreign based players who have impressed. Among them are Abdoulaye Soulama, Imbola Sanjie, Josep Ochaya and others.

There have been some expensive failures along the way, and we have decided to pick out the five worst, in our opinion in the last 3 years.

George Abege

Kotoko fail to advance to Group stage after defeat to Etoile du ...

With an impressive showing at the 2018 CAF Confederation Cup with Kariobangi Sharks convinced Asante Kotoko to capture the Ugandan. But little did they know he was not the solution to their goal-scoring problem.

However, the towering forward failed to make an impact since his arrival in Ghana.

Asante Kotoko later wanted a loan deal for the bulky striker but they could not find a club for him hence the termination of Contract.

Alex Arnold Didi

Silver Online 24 - OFFICIAL: Kotoko part ways with Arnold Didi Alexis

The lanky midfielder went through a three days trial under Former Coach Kjetil Zachariassen before he was given a three-year contract after he ended his stay with AS Togo Port.

Didi’s performance at Kotoko was nothing to write home about and has never started a game for the porcupine warriors.

His contract was terminated later and was rewarded with a three-month salary.

Moussa Adingra

Kotoko sign Ivorian striker Adingra Moussa from Nigerian side Lobi ...

Arguably the most bizarre transfer in the history of the club. The former Lobi Stars attacker had his contract terminated just after 10 days of signing a three-year deal.

He was brought in as part of the rebuilding process but saw his contract prematurely terminated by Asante Kotoko. The striker failed to convince management and technical team of his attacking prowess.

Kjetil Zachariassen who recommended the Ivorian for the Porcupine Warriors reversed his thoughts, saying the striker’s performance is not satisfactory and below average.

Dany Zabo Teguy

Kotoko newbie Zabo Teguy opens up for the first time since joining ...

Asante Kotoko completed the signing of the Ivorian international in 2018 prior to their CAF Confederation Cup campaign. He penned a 3-year deal with the Porcupines but lasted only a season.

Zabo Teguy looked big and strong like anything could hit him and stick. He should have been a colossus, but he just wasn’t.

The Ivorian import has been one of Kotoko’s worst signing of the decade and the club were happy to let him leave last year despite being short in attack, which sums up his situation.

Sylla Vie Mohammed

Misfit Ivorian midfielder Mohammed Sylla to terminate contract ...

The fourth and last Ivorian on the list, Sylla joined Asante Kotoko in 2017 after a successful trial but failed to make his presence felt at the Kumasi-based side, which could partly be blamed on injury troubles and change of coaches.

The 25-year-old spent most of his time in the club out of matchday squads having made the bench and also featured in games on few occasions.

He managed two appearances during the first round of the truncated 2017/2018 Ghana Premier League season.

He was shunted to the sidelines by C.K Akonnor in his second season, and the Ivorian soon returned to his homeland, having spectacularly failed to show his true worth.

Source: AKSC News