Home Blog Page 911

The GFA is being disrespectful to me – Kwesi Appiah on unpaid salaries

0

Image via sportsworldghana

Former Black Stars Coach, James Kwesi Appiah feels the current Ghana Football Association (GFA) is deliberately refusing to pay monies owed him.

The football governing body owes Kwesi Appiah salaries and bonuses, but according to the former Al Khartoum gaffer all attempts to get it settled have proved futile.

The GFA did not extend the contract of Appiah when it expired December last year.

But Appiah – who was on a $35,000 monthly salary – is demanding for his unpaid wages from August to December 2019 as well as other winning bonuses

Speaking to Starr FM Sports , Appiah believes the GFA is being disrespectful to him.

“I decided to keep quiet on my salaries issues all these while but I think if you are working with someone and you are no more, the best way is to give the person whatever he deserves and there will be peace.

“The question is how do I feed my family meanwhile I quiet remember when they took over Dr. Kofi Amoah gave them 1,000,000 dollars and I even understand there is also some 500,000 dollars from FIFA or whatever, the bottom line is you should look at the essential ones and try and sort it out.

He continued: “But it looks like they don’t care. This is money i have worked for and they are not telling me anything which I feel it doesn’t show sign of respect.

“So I have told my lawyers to deal with it” he added.

Kwesi Appiah remains the only indigenous coach to qualify the Black Stars to World Cup. He guided the senior national team to the 2014 Mundial held in Brazil.

My career has seen a massive turnaround since joining Kotoko – Patrick Yeboah

0

Image via AsanteKotoko_SC

Patrick Yeboah says his career has been massively impacted since joining Asante Kotoko.

The left-back joined the Porcupines Warriors from Karela United to beef up the club’s squad for their 2019 African campaign. He has been very impressive since signing for the Reds.

He tells Kotoko Express about how his career has seen a massive turnaround since he started playing for the Ghanaian giants.

“Kotoko is a big club and it offers big opportunities for players both on and off the field,” Yeboah observes. “In as much as I aimed at playing well for the club to push it forward, I also sat out to also use the platform to improve on my football career.

“It has been very amazing,” he says after getting himself under control. “I just cannot describe it. I got the chance to join the Local Black Stars a few months after I started playing for the club and it is amazing how popular I have become since my first game for Kotoko and the number of clubs abroad that are seeking my services.

“I do not have a manager because I have been my own man since I started playing professional football. Before I did not have people pushing me to become my manager but it will surprise you now the number of people who pressing me with their desire to manage me. It is a great experience and one that increases your love  the zeal to die for the club even more.”

Ghana Premier League to be autonomous – GFA

Image via citinewsroom

The Ghana Football Association has reached consensus to make the Ghana Premier League independent soon.

According to a statement released by the GFA, a five-member committee will be formed to advice the body about measures to put in place.

Below is the GFA statement

The Executive Council of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has taken a decision to make the Ghana Premier League autonomous.

In light of this decision, the Executive Council, at its meeting on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, has decided to form a 5-member Committee to advise the GFA on how to proceed with the implementation of the Policy.

The Premier League Autonomy Committee will be made up of 3 persons nominated by the 18-Premier League Clubs with the other two to be added by GFA.

This special task committee will advise the GFA on the autonomy of the league, the format, the modalities, start date and rulebook, among other parameters.

The Ghana Premier League is currently organized and managed by the GFA. The 18-club league competition is managed by the Premier League Committee chaired by Lepowura Alhaji M.N.D Jawula with day-to-day administrative support from the Competitions Department of the GFA.

Names of the 5-member Committee will be announced soon.

Source:GFA COMMUNICATIONS

Real Valladolid want Mohammed Salisu to stay despite offers from top clubs

0

Image via Instagram

Real Valladolid Sporting Director, Angel Gomez has said that the club is ready to keep Ghanaian defender Mohammed Salisu despite the numerous offers from clubs.

Salisu,21, has been impressive this season which has caught the attention of many clubs in Europe.

But, Angel Gomez says Real Valladolid are working on extending his contract.

“He is a player who has drawn a lot of attention, that his projection is tremendous, but today there is no news to comment around him,” Angel Gomez told Radio Valladolid 102.8.

“There are clubs of course that have asked about Salisu, it would be cheating, it is normal at this time of the season and even before, that has happened, but at the moment more things have not happened, but we will see,” he added.

“We want that he stays and we want him to extend his contract, but we will also have to see the situations in which they arise.”

Mohammed Salisu has made 27 La Liga appearances in the 2019/20 season.

Foh Amoaning: The GFA ExCo are not stupid, stop running them down

0

Image via peacefmonline

Moses Foh-Amoaning – a lecturer at the Ghana School of Law – has admonished football administrators to stop condemning the current Ghana Football Association(GFA) Executives amid the release of the association’s debt in order not to run down the hierarchy.

Last week, the GFA met with representatives of the clubs to ascertain the future of the suspended 2019/20 football season. The football governing body took the opportunity to inform members the debts of the association.

Photo credit: DreamsFC:GFA President, Kurt ES Okraku

It is reported that the current administration led by Kurt E.S Okraku inherited over $10 million debt. It included monies owed former coach Kwesi Appiah and other business entities.

However, officials of some clubs who were part of the zoom video conference have been accusing the GFA of inflating the figures. Again, they believe that debt owed Kwesi Appiah should not be in the accounts of the FA since coaches are paid by the Ministry of Youth and Sports or Sponsors of the association.

They also indicated that debts owed Kenpong Travel and Tours should not be seen in the FA’s account since it should be paid by the Ministry of Youth and Sports.

But the astute lawyer has advised individuals to be careful about how they spill out negative things about the current executives.

“For all you know, the contract is between the Football Association and Akwesi Appiah so if the money doesn’t comes it’s the GFA’s responsibility to pay,” Foh-Amoaning told Kumasi-based Light FM.

“For other debts I don’t know but, we should be careful in condemning the GFA , it’s the interest accrued from the debt dated sixteen years ago.

“This current GFA has taken steps and it’s not resting, I have spoken to Kurt and we are looking for the way forward to resolve the debt .

“I don’t think anyone has to condemn this current GFA and to go on saying all the negative things.

” Let’s be very careful when passing comments and let’s not run down the GFA .

“The current GFA executives are not stupid and I’m sure they will vet these debts before taking any steps.”

Adebayor will not cost less than $150k – Agent

0

Image via Inter Allies FC

Samuel Joel-Atolagbe – Chief Executive Officer of Heritage Soccer Agency and agent of Inter Allies striker, Victorien Adebayor has disclosed that he will not be sold less than $150,000.

Heritage Soccer Agency is one of the fast-growing agencies in Africa. The agency has top players such as Serge Arnaud, Danjuma Ademola Kuti, Victorien Adebayor, Abdourahamane Lawali and a host of other promising players.

Adebayor has been the hottest cake in Ghana at the moment after putting up a splendid performance for Inter Allies in the abruptly halted 2019/20 Ghana Premier League season; scoring 12 goals in 15 matches.

Mr Samuel Joel-Atolagbe has emphatically stated the least amount that can be used to purchase Victorian Adebayor.

Speaking on Silver 98.3FM, Mr Atolagbe asserted: “The minimum price tag of Victorian Adebayor is 150,000 dollars. Any amount less than that will never be considered at all.

When asked about how the newly signed Hearts of Oak arrow head Danjuma Ademola Kuti will fare.He answered by saying: “It is early days yet to shower praises on him, if football resumes I know he will definitely prove his competence on the green turf.”

By Perry Paisley

Ghana FA: Season remains suspended

0

The Ghana Football Association has stated emphatically that football activities are still suspended contrary to reports in the local media.

Reports were rife that the GFA in consultation with stakeholders have completely annulled the football season, but te GFA through its communication department has said that all activities are still suspended.

Below is the GFA Statement

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) wishes to announce that the 2019/20 football season remains on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The season has, since March 16, 2020, been suspended until further notice following government’s ban on all public gatherings.

The Executive Council at its meeting on Tuesday, May 5, 2020 decided that the status quo remains, stating that the Association is in various engagements with Government, the Ministry of Health, the Ghana Health Service, the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the GFA Medical Committee, CAF and FIFA.

The Executive Council further decided that the Association will continue to monitor the situation and would revisit it on June 30, 2020 after a careful assessment and evaluation of the issue and to take further decisions.

The GFA will consider all the factors at the time and take all the necessary decisions to ensure the safety of all participants and the smooth completion of the season.

GFA COMMUNICATIONS

Appoint competent people to handle Kotoko – Ex-Prez Kuffour appeals to Asantehene

0

Former President, John Agyekum Kuffour has appealed to the Asantehene, the Owner of the Kumasi Asante Kotoko to appoint competent and committed people who have the club in their heart to manage the affairs of the former continental masters.

On the occasion of the 70th birthday of the King of the Ashanti Kingdom, Otumfour Osei Tutu II, ex President Agyekum Kuffour in an interview with Manhyia Palace-based radio station, Opemsour FM on Wednesday May 6, 2020 heaped praises on the great king for his exemplary leadership and achievements.

Kuffour, who is an ex-Board Chairman of Asante Kotoko, could not have concluded the conversation without making comments about the club.

 “As you know, I was once made the Chairman of Kotoko but I had to divert to politics to serve Ghana” he started with.

He went ahead to urge leadership of the club to see to the welfare of the players.

“I know injuries are part of the game, reason why I would urge the managers to see to the welfare of the players, they must be paid well and have good insurance policies to cover them because their lives could be ruined through injuries. Elsewhere footballers are paid better than Doctors, Lawyers and other professionals but what do we see here in Ghana, players being paid less than a Ghc 1000, what happens if they get injured and can’t play anymore?”

He also took time to have some words for the footballers.

“And to the footballers, I’m clamouring for your well being but you must also serve the club (Asante Kotoko) with your hearts. The moment you are given the privilege to wear the Kotoko jersey, remember you’re serving one of the biggest clubs in Africa and that, you must serve with all your heart”

Asante Kotoko and for that matter Manhyia Palace are in the process of forming a Board of Directors as required by the Club Licensing Board of the Ghana Football Association.

HE JA Kuffour pleaded with the Great King to appoint competent people on the Board.

“The struggle for leadership at Kotoko is real due to how lucrative the club looks, so I will plead with Otumfour to appoint people who understand the game and will lead the club with truth. The leaders should also be protected due to the fact that there are other people who will attempt to bring them down through gossips” he concluded.

By Osei Akoto Kanu

Ashanti Gold players and technical team accept 20% pay-cut

0

Image via Ashgold Facebook Page

Assistant coach of Ashanti Gold, Thomas Duah has disclosed that the players and Technical team of the club have agreed to slash their monthly income by 20%.

The activities of football have been standstill due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 disease. This has brought on clubs huge financial implications. Clubs and federations are finding it difficult to pay their bills, and have decided to engage players to reduce their salaries.

Speaking in an interview with Kumasi FM, Thomas Duah said he has talked to players and they have accepted the pay-cut wholeheartedly.

“We all know the situation at hand because of this COVID-19,the league is suspended and there’s no football resulting in this pay-cut issue. We are unaware of when this disease is ending making way for the return of football,” Thomas Duah told Kumasi FM.

“Generally, it is something that cannot be forced on the players. If the management of the clubs are able to conclude mutually, that’s fine but with Ashantigold players and technical team, we have accepted a 20% pay cut. We have to be lenient and help the club president in this difficult time.

“I have spoken to the leadership of the playing body and they have accepted it. It is something that is not normal, players play at least eight matches in a month at times but salaries are not increased. We are only considering them in this difficult times,” he concluded.

Ashanti Gold becomes the first club in the Ghana Premier League to slash players’ salary.

FIFA closes case between Kotoko and Esperance after confirming settlement agreement

0

World football governing body, FIFA have officially closed the disciplinary proceedings against Asante Kotoko in the Emmanuel Clottey transfer saga with Tunisian giants Esperance.

The Porcupine Warriors were fined $240,000 for wrongfully registering Clottey in 2015. The Reds failed to pay an initial ruling which had a fine of $180,000.

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/kotoko-to-pay-fifa-fine-before-deadline/

As a result, the debt increased with additional fine of $60,000 with $45,000 representing interest accrued and the rest allotted to the Committee that sat on the case at FIFA.

Esperance on the other hand, owed Kotoko $150,000 which is a transfer fee for Kwame Bonsu.

The two clubs mutually agreed and Kotoko only paid $30,000 to Esperance.

READ: https://footy.ghpush.com/kotoko-esperance-fifa-debt-settled/

A letter of confirmation sent to Mr. Ashford Tettey-Oku, CEO of CLOSEmarking CONSULT – who represented Kotoko – by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee Secretariat last Monday read:

“We would like to inform the parties that the present disciplinary proceedings against the club Asante Kotoko FC are hereby closed since the parties settled their dispute.

“In this sense, we take due note from the content of the aforementioned correspondence that the club Esperance Sportive de Tunis confirms having concluded a settlement agreement with the club Asante Kotoko FC on April 24, 2020.

“Whereas the two parties mutually and amicably agreed to settle all the issues or matters between them by signing this settlement agreement.

“In this sense, we take note from the content of the relevant settlement agreement that the club Esperance Sportive de Tunis and the club Asante Kotoko FC have settled their dispute, in relation to the decision passed by the Dispute Resolution Chamber on June 11, 2015.

CONCLUSION: “In view of the foregoing, and in line with circular no.1628 of May 9, 2018, we would like to inform the parties that the present disciplinary proceedings against the club Asante Kotoko FC are hereby closed since the parties settled their dispute,” it stressed.