Medeama SC talisman Kwesi Donsu has revealed that he was close to joining Asante Kotoko until former Executive Board Chairman Dr. Kofi Koduah Sarpong resigned from the club.
The former TOR Boss, who was appointed to lead the Porcupine Warriors tendered a resignation letter in July 2013 to prematurely end his three years of service.
Coach Didi Dramani taught he had landed the former Berekum Arsenals gem only to see him sign for the Tarkwa-based side seven years ago.
Donsu disclosed he would not have joined the Yellow and Mauves had Dr. Kk remained because he agreed to join the Reds before his untimely exit.
“Had Dr K.K. Sarpong not left Asante Kotoko I would not have joined Medeama SC. Talks were advanced for me to join the Oseikrom club,” Kwesi Donsu said on Opemsuo Radio.
The former Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC loanee has since been prolific in the local game.
Donsu has been impressive since signing for Medeama scoring some spectacular free-kicks which has earned him the ‘free-kick expert’.
Supporters wing of Asante Kotoko by name ‘Awareness Group’ on Tuesday, June 16, 2020, surprised outspoken politician Hon. Kennedy Akompreko Agyapong with a customised Jersey from the Club’s Kit manufacturer, Strike Portugal.
Kennedy Agyapong, turns 60 today , and been an avid Kotoko supporter who earlier declared his love for the club after stating that his father was a Hearts of Oak fan, the supporters decided to present to him the colours of the Porcupine Warriors.
Philomina Osei, who did the presentation on behalf of the group, made the presentation during a live program on Net 2 Television as they celebrate their bankroller.
Philomina during the presentation said the fans’ gesture was to appreciate the outspoken member of parliament for demonstrating his unflinching support for the Porcupines on several occasions.
Ghanaian international Kudus Mohammed has been nominated to be a potential winner of this year’s Golden Boy award.
The 19-year-old’s name featured among other ninety nine (99) names that will be vying for the award for the year 2020.
Kudus Mohammed has been exceptional for his side in Denmark FC Nordsjaelland scoring 8 goals and assisted one so far this season.
He had a breakthrough when he had his maiden senior National Team call up with the Black Stars and scored on his debut in November 2019.
The former Right to Dream product has placed himself well to fight for the enviable accolade from Erling Braut Haaland, Alphonso Davies, Ethan Ampadu, Myron Boadu, Ansu Fati, Phil Foden etc.
The award has previously been won by several players who rose to become great players like Lionel Messi, Raheem Sterling, Kylian Mbappe, Sergio Aguero, Francesc Fabregas, Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba etc.
Atletico Madrid’s Joao Felix is the current holder of the award when he won it in 2019.
Hearts Of oak Board Chairman, Togbe Afede XIV has confirmed that the long-awaited Pobiman project is set to begin next week after the back-and-forth.
According to the majority holder of issued shares of the club, documentations have been sorted out already and the ultra-modern facility is billed to commence in the coming week.
The Pobiman Project when finished will house Staff Residence, Senior Housing Unit, GYM, Training Centers (Pitches), Laundry, Swimming Pool, Lockers, Toilet Facilities, Kitchen and Dinning Hall.
Reports earlier this year suggested the works on the project have delayed due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Others believed the project could not be done as planned.
Drawings of the Pobiman Project
However, Togbe Afede XIV has assured the project will start next week with the flow level and that, the hierarchy wants to build a club with proper structures.
“We want to make hearts of oak a reference point in Africa in terms of what an elite club should look like, weve laid down many things we want to do but the starting point is governance and administration, we want to build the type of Governance system back by administration structures, procedures etc that will enable us to propel to preminess and i can say we are on course in achieving it”- Togbe told GTV
“What we want is to be successful on the field, we want to be successful financially and to be successful technically we need infrastructure and that’s where Pobiman comes in, i want to state we have to start it, we’ve signed a contract with Turkish contractors who are building the structures, the job will be done by a local contractor with Turkish supervision, the foundation will start next week, it will take two and half years to complete, i can say we are very much on course.
“All the financial arrangement has been finalized with GT bank along with my company on this project
“We intend to have a facility that will serve Hearts of oak, Auroras, and the juvenile side royal oaks, the facility will accommodate all the players, beyond hearts, the facility will serve the nation, Black stars will be camped there if there is the need, it will serve international teams when they come to play in Ghana, both club side and national side, it can serve cooperate Ghana as well.” He concluded
Ghanaian youth striker Adom Ibrahim has been reported dead in Denmark according to reports.
The Ghanaian striker departed Ghana in January to sign for Danish top-flight side Hobro from Accra Sporting Club.
According to a report filed by Ghanasportsonline, the 20-year-old striker drowned while swimming in a pool but could not be rescued.
Accra Sporting Club President Fiifi Parker is quoted by Mohammed Hafiz in a post shared on his Facebook timeline.
“I still can’t believe this, it’s just like I did not read the text well. I’m still confused and shocked. An uprising enterprise striker just left without a word,” Fiifi Parker Hanson, club President of Accra Sporting Club.
“First and foremost, Adom was somebody who could light up a room with his sense of humour, warmth and personality. He is excelled with talent, ease, grace and humility. Nobody did it better upfront when he is on the pitch.
“The loss of Adom will be painfully felt by our club, supporters and indeed all who ever had the pleasure of knowing him. We love you Adom and your memory will eternally stay with us.”
Hobro reportedly acquired the youngster as a replacement for Italian-born Ghanaian-American Emmanuel Sabbi who is leaving the club to join BK Odense on August 1, 2020.
Former Asante Kotoko and TP Mazembe midfielder Daniel Nii Adjei has disclosed that he has resorted to farming and he is currently harvesting maize from his farmland in the absence of football activities in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The football activities are still on the break due to the outbreak of the novel disease and there is no sign that football will be returning soon in Ghana after the President extended ban on social gatherings.
Some of the local-based players have been engaging in other activities in order to earn something for a living due to unpaid salaries. Clubs are struggling to pay players due to lack of money as a result of the deadly disease.
Speaking to Accra-based Angel FM on his engagements in the absence of football, the King Faisal experienced midfield said indicated that,
Football activities have been on suspension since 16 March 2020 due to the disease. However, a decision is yet to be made on the future of the suspended 2019-20 Ghana football season.
Ghana international Jerry Akaminko has insisted that John Boye did no wrong kissing money at the 2014 FIFA World Cup held in Brazil.
It would be recalled that the Black Stars players prior to the Mundial revolted due to the delay of payment of their $100,000 appearance fees. Then government led by H.E John Dramani Mahama had to send the money in a private jet to Brazil to ensure the players got paid.
The unfortunate incident made the world ridiculed the West African country who had so much confidence ahead of the tournament, having excelled in the previous edition staged in South Africa.
The players were lambasted for choosing money ahead of patriotism with John Boye joyfully kissing the 100,000 USD.
But the former Heart of Lions defender who missed the tournament through an injury in Ghana’s last preparatory game prior to the tournament believes his colleague was right with the hugely criticized act.
“He wasn’t wrong,” Former Ghana defender Jerry Akaminko told Benjamin Nketsia on Citi Tv’s The Tracker Show. “The way football fanatics see these things is not the way we see it as athletes.
“For someone to work that hard and not get his money but receive later at that time. It was a different feeling and I am sure he did that for the camera.
“John Boye has seen a hundred thousand before maybe even more.
“If the players had received their money earlier nobody would have seen John Boye kissing the money,” he concluded.
The Black Stars were eliminated from the competition after losing their final game to Portugal 2-1, with John Boye scoring an own goal as the Black Stars exited the tournament, having already lost to the USA and drawing 2-2 against eventual champions – Germany.
Astute football administrator, Oduro Nyarko has advised supporters of Division One League side Okwahu United to eschew insults and rally behind the club to return back to the Ghana Premier League.
Okwahu suffered relegation to Ghana’s third-tier league in 2007 after playing a fixed match with Nania FC in the Polytank Division One League. It would be recalled that Okwahu succumbed to a 30-0 defeat.
The club has not been able to come back stronger in the Ghanaian game.
However, Oduro Nyarko, who worked with the side for 29 years is optimistic the club will return to the Ghanaian top-flight soon.
“All am praying is that Okwahu United bounce back to top flight league because we can do it , we have the men to but the supporters should eschew insults because some can’t stand unlike me who endured for 29 years,” Oduro Nyarko tells Oyerepa 100.7fm.
Okwahu United were FA Cup winners in 1986 beating Real Tamale United. In 2016, the lost 2-1 to Bechem United in the final.
Mexican giants Santos Laguna is reported to have shown interest in securing the services of former Ghana youth star Clifford Aboagye, according to Ghana soccer net reports.
The silky attacking midfielder has been impressive since joining Querétaro FC and his explosive displays has caught the eyes of the MX Champions who are ready to acquire him.
The report further revealed that Aboagye is not likely to extend his contract with the club after expiration of his loan deal.
Another Mexican side Club Necaxa is also reported to be chasing for the signature of the talented Ghanaian footballer.
Aboagye, 25, has been hugely admired since landing in Mexico, first with Atlas FC, where he joined on loan from Spanish side Granada in 2017.
In Atlas, he scored three goals and provided six assists in 71 games before being sent on loan to Querétaro FC, where he has got a goal in 33 appearances.
It would be recalled that Clifford Aboagye won the Bronze Ball at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2013, and Aboagye moved from Inter Allies FC to Italian side Udinese Calcio after the Youth Championship