Home Blog Page 921

Hearts Of Oak Board of Directors set Committee to investigate Alhaji Akanbi – Report

0

Hearts Of Oak Board of Directors have set up a three member committee to look into allegations leveled against Alhaji Akanbi.

There were allegations from Hearts of Oak fans that Kuuku Bartels – who is the President of Division One side Nkoranza Warriors – handed a sum of GH¢200 to Akambi as bribe to engineer the move for Emmanuel Sarkodie.

But the Nkoranza Warriors chief has since refuted those allegations.

According to reports monitored on Kumasi-based Oyerepa FM, the top hierarchy believe it is necessary to investigate the matter to unravel the truth.

The report stated that the committee is headed by Justice Ivy Heward-Mills with Frank Nelson and club CEO Frederick Moore as members.

The committee has also been tasked to advice the board on whether Alhaji Akanbi should step aside or not.

Samuel Owusu reveals how he nearly missed 2019 Afcon

0

Image credit: via Kickgh

Ghana winger, Samuel Owusu has revealed that his decision not to answer calls from unknown numbers nearly cost him a place in Black Stars ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations held in Egypt.

The Al-Fayha pacy winger earned his maiden Black Stars call-up under the tutelage of coach Kwesi Appiah prior to the Afcon last year.

Owusu disclosed that he nearly missed the all-important call that got him the invitation from Kwesi Appiah.

“One thing about me, I don’t pick unknown calls. One day a number started calling,” Owusu said in an interview with Sadick Adams on Instagram Live Interview on Thursday.

Samuel Owusu

“It was a Ghana number. Then something touched me to pick it. I finally did and the person was coach Kwasi Appiah inviting me to the national team”

“But I nearly rejected the call.”

Owusu was one of the debutants that represented Ghana at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

Some appointees of Kwame Kyei have disappointed him – Amos Frimpong

0

Image credit: via ashesgyamera.com

Former Asante Kotoko skipper Amos Frimpong has jumped to the defence of the Executive Chairman of the the club, Dr. Kwame Kyei insisting that some appointees have disappointed him.

Asante Kotoko has been in the news for financial malfeasance. The club has had to pay several judgment debt due lack of diligence on the part of management.

According to the former club captain, some appointees have disappointed the club’s Executive Chairman.

“For me the little I saw from Dr. Kwame Kyei is that he is someone who has the team at heart”, Amos told ghanasportspage.com.

“He is ready to make every sacrifice needed to make Kotoko perform better in Africa, anytime he is ready to sacrifice in terms of money and in everything, but sometimes there are some people who you would want to come and help and maybe those people come and disappoint you, but the little I saw is that if Dr. Kwame Kyei really gets people who also have the good heart and good will as I see from Dr. Kwame Kyei, Kotoko can also go far because he is ready to take Kotoko back to its glory days”, Amos insisted.

Asked whether he sees the aim of Dr. Kyei being hindered by people he appoints to hold positions in the club, Amos inferred to the affirmation. “Sometimes when you are working and you bring people on board and they don’t give the same good will or the same sacrifice you have to support you with, sometimes it is very difficult because everybody comes with their own mindset and objectives, so those things too do worry at times. I pray that the good will I personally saw from Dr. Kyei for which he is ready to help Kotoko to go far in Africa (CAF inter club competitions), I can say if we all support Dr. Kwame Kyei, with his vision and will to sacrifice everything for the club, he can help Kotoko for Kotoko to go farther than we all see in recent times”, he hoped.

“For now the love I see him having for the club I will be surprise to sleep and wake up to hear that Dr. Kwame Kyei has resigned from Kotoko”, he concluded.

Ghanaian player SACKED for ‘insulting’ club president

1

Reigning Rwanda champions, Rayon Sports have cancelled the contract of Ghana striker Michael Sarpong for gross misconduct.

Report indicates that the former Dreams FC forward described the president Sadate Munyakazi as ‘unfit to lead the club.’

The hierarchy of the club decided to withhold the salaries of the playing body due to the financial constraints amid the COVID-19 disease crisis.

According to reports, Sarong, together with other players have threatened to take the club to court for withholding their salaries amid the COVID-19 disease crisis.

PHOTO CREDIT:Royal FM:Sadate Munyakazi and Michael Sarpong

President Munyakazi Sadate and Michael Sarpong

Sarpong indicated in an interview that the club’s president actions ‘doesn’t make sense’ since the players were not consulted.

“He [club’s president] definitely doesn’t deserve this great club. This great club deserves someone who is mature, who is able to speak to his players,” Sarpon told Kigali based Royal FM.

“I don’t think that now even the players want him to be where he is. I don’t think the players want him now. I don’t think that.

“It doesn’t make sense to me because the president never contacted anybody in the team. Not even the captain. Everybody in the team is mad about the things that we see shared in the media. It doesn’t sound sensible to us at the moment.”

He had a running contract until June 30, 2020. He was billed for a lucrative offer in China but the deal hit a snag when Changchun Yatai FC opted for Nigerian Aaron Olanare.

He returned to Rwanda to continue the season, scoring four goals before the league was suspended due to the novel coronavirus.

Former Kotoko and Hearts Winger Ollenu Ashitey joins Eleven Wonders

0

Image credit via HeartsOfOakGH

Ghana Premier League side Tachiman Eleven wonders have completed the signing of former Hearts of Oak midfielder Ollenu Ashitey in a one-year deal Thursday.

The skillful player is poised to help his new club to beat the drop when the season resumes after the COVID-19 pandemic break.

“It’s true I have signed for Eleven Wonders, that was last week Thursday”, Ollenu disclosed in an exclusive interview with ghanasportspage.com. “The deal is about an agreement, I will say it’s a one year deal, I will help them to finish the second round of the league, after that the contract would be reviewed”, he told ghanasportspage.com

Ashitey Ollenu, a native of Accra, is one of the few players among the likes of Osei Kofi (Rev.), Godwin Ablordey, Charles Assampong Taylor, Emmanuel Osei Kuffour (The Generaal), Sani Mohammed, Soulama Abdoulaye (Transition), Ernest Sowah who have had the opportunity to play for the two flagship football clubs of Ghana football, Accra Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko.

Ashitey Ollenu training with former club Asante Kotoko

Before the move the former Asante Kotoko midfielder was close to joining Great Olympics.

He joined Kotoko in 2017 but could not impress whic saw his contract been terminated.

BREAKING NEWS: Ashanti Gold CEO Fred Acheampong resigns

4
Photo credit: via Ghanaweb

Chief Executive Officer of AshantiGold SC Frederick Acheampong has resigned from his position, footy.ghpush.com/ can confirm.

His resignation brings an end to a two-year stint with the Obuasi-based Ghana Premier League side after joining them in April 2018.

Thee Ghana Football Association Executive Committee member cited personal reasons for his resignation.

He tweeted on Thursday afternoon:

Dr. Kwaku Frimpong has confirmed that he has received the resignation letter and have accepted it.

Photo credit via Ashgold Facebook Page

‘Use your seriousness to get a club,’ XI Wonders CEO tells Sadick Adams

0

Image credit via Ghanaweb

Chief Executive Officer of Eleven Wonders FC, Albert Yahaya Commey has taken a swipe at Sadick Adams after the player lashed out at the club.

Adams – a former striker of Asante Kotoko and Ashanti Gold – was close to signing for the Techiman-based club, but the deal hit a snag.

The former Atletico Madrid youth star said he did not sign the deal because Eleven Wonders were not serious in their discussions.

READ ALSO:https://footy.ghpush.com/saddick-adams-to-re-join-berekum-chelsea/

But Commey revealed Sadick Adams’ name was not part of players their head coach submitted for consideration.

“If Saddick Adams is a serious person, he won’t be like that. Why didn’t he get a club to sign him?

PHOTO CREDIT: Ashgold Facebook Page:Sadick Adams

” His name was not part of those the head coach submitted and nobody has written to him seeking for his service,” he told Light FM.

“We know his records as a club that’s why we didn’t sign him. If someone of his caliber is not signed to any club then we should all know that Eleven Wonders took the right decision.

“I’m advising him to keep quite and respect himself. We have signed experience players who we know can come and help us. We know his records reason we rejected him.”

I’m not thinking about being the next GFA president – Osei Palmer

0

Image credit: via sportsworldghana

Wilfred Osei Kwaku, says he is not currently thinking about becoming the next Ghana Football Associationu (GFA) president.

The Tema Youth owner was disqualified from contesting the 2019 GFA presidential elections by the Normalisation Committee (NC) for failing an integrity check.

One was his failure to pay the 10% mandatory fee to the GFA following the transfer of his player Joseph Paintsil to Hungarian side Ferencvárosi TC.

However, he did not rule out contesting for the position in future.

“I am not thinking about it now [being the FA president]. The rank and file came to me previously to tell me that I have the qualities to become the president so if they tell me to stand again, I will do it,” Palmer told Asempa FM.

“Another thing is, Kurt Okraku is already in the running. If I announce that I want to be FA President, it will put pressure on him.

He is challenging the NC decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)

He confirmed that he paid $49,000 for the case to be heard.

“The disqualification was far from fair that is why the case is at CAS. I sold a player outside the jurisdiction of Ghana. Joseph Paintsil was never a registered player under the jurisdiction of Ghana. He was never registered under Tema Youth. I had economic rights over him.”

Philemon McCarthy rejoins Dreams FC

0

Ghana Premier League club Dreams FC have announced that it is close to capture former goalkeeper Philemon McCarthy.

The former Hearts of Oak shot-stopper first joined the Still Believe lads during the 2016 Ghana Premier League.

Below is a statement from the club

“Dreams Football Club is pleased to announce the return of its very own Philemon McCarthy after the experienced goalkeeper signed a two and half year contract with the club.

The legendary goalkeeper’s comeback is considered as a homecoming signing since this becomes the second time he is rejoining the club following his earlier return in 2018.

McCarthy returned to Dreams during the 2017/18 season after having had a short stint with Israeli club Afula FC and is famously remembered by the StillBelieve fans for his historic strike against New Edubiase FC at the Theatre of Dreams, Dawu during the 2016 Ghana Premier League season.”

‘Nothing has changed under Kurt Okraku ‘ – Osei Palmer

0

Image credit via 442gh

Former presidential aspirant of the Ghana Football Association, Wilfred Kwaku Osei has insisted that “Nothing has changed” under the Kurt Okraku-led administration.

The Tema Youth owner who addressed a wide range of issues on Asempa FM claims there has not been any significant changes in the new era.

“I must say its quite unfortunate but to state it bluntly nothing has changed. We would have wished for more reforms to take place but nothing of that sort has taken place.

“We could have taken between 2 or 3 months to speak to corporate organisations on the reforms activities the Ghana FA was going through.

“As we speak we have not given Corporate Ghana any reason why they should come and invest in Ghana Football.

“We have run football and I’m being blunt. Nothing has changed,” he reiterated.