Home Blog Page 919

My height has been a disadvantage to me – Clifford Aboagye

0

Image via footy-ghana.com

Former Ghana Under-20 star, Clifford Aboagye says his stature has been a hindrance in his football career.

According to the 2013 Fifa U20 World Youth Championship third-best player, he was rejected by clubs due to his height disadvantage.

“In the early days of my career at Inter Allies, it was a challenge even with all my skills,” he told Tv3.

PHOTO CREDIT: via TV3:From left to right: Clifford Aboagye, Paul Pogba and Nicolas Lopez at 2013 Fifa U-20 World Youth Championship

“My stature has been a hindrance to me but I never thought of giving up because I know the talent I have and what I can do with the ball especially in midfield,” he added.


He continued:”With this stature, you get people saying you need to build up on your body but I know the qualities I have, not all players have that quality so I have always been firm on my stature.


The 25-year old now plays for Mexican club Querétaro F.C. on loan from Club Atlas.


Aboagye spent four years in Spain, where he played for Granada B before deciding to make a move from Europe to North America.

Ghana FA President Kurt Okraku to face impeachment charges

0

Outspoken football administrator, Kofi Manu has revealed that there are an impending impeachment charges against Ghana Football Association(GFA) president Kurt Okraku for abusing his powers.

According to Manu, the new president has abused some aspects of the GFA status since he assumed office.

The former Techiman City Chief Executive Officer revealed that he has been illegally approving allowances to his benefit. 

Also, his involvement in the selection of technical director for the Ghana FA is in contrast with Article 39 and 42 of the Status and will face the wrath of members after COVID-19 pandemic is over.

“The only unprecedented thing Kurt Okraku has done as the GFA President is the disrespect for members of the Association through the disregard of the constitution of the FA that brought them into office,” Manu told Happy FM.

“Between October 25, 2019 that he [Kurt Okraku] was elected, he has approved the allowances he has been taking which has not been approved by Congress. It is an offense which is liable to impeachment. In Article 42 paragraph 2, the remuneration of members of the Executive Council shall be proposed by an Adhoc compensation committee and approved by Congress,” he said.

“He has bluntly refused to respect the status of the FA and taking monies which has not been approved by Congress which is an impeachable offense.


“How can the GFA president be a chairman of a committee to interview people for Technical Director role when the status does not allow that,” he added.

Okraku was elected president of the association in the GFA Presidential Election last year, to succeed former Fifa Council member Kwesi Nyantakyi after he was found guilty of breaching the ethics of his office.

Red Star Belgrade striker Richmond Boakye-Yiadom dreams of EPL move

0

Image via Instagram

Red Star Belgrade striker, Richmond Boakye-Yiadom says he is still hoping to play in the English Premier League before he hangs his boots.

Boakye-Yiadom, 27, was close to joining heavyweights Chelsea during the tenure of Italian gaffer Antonio Conte, but the deal fell through.

But the lanky attacker is optimistic of a dream move into the English Premier League.

PHOTO CREDIT:Wikipedia: Richmond Boakye-Yiadom in action for Ghana in 2015

”I had the opportunity to go to England but a deal didn’t go through, I am training hard to get to England because is one of my dreams. I want to play in England before I retire,”  the former Juventus signing told Tv3’s Juliet Bawuah in a social media chat.

”It doesn’t matter the club I will play but any of the EPL clubs will do.

”Some time back there were some interest from clubs like West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea, Newcastle United and a couple of others but the move couldn’t happen so I had to move to China.”

He has previously featured for Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning, Latina, Atlanta, Elche and Sassuolo.

My first child is a footballer at the University – Dong Bortey

0

Image via Ghanaweb

Hearts of Oak legend, Bernard Dong Bortey has revealed that his first child who he’s named after himself is also talented and will play football although he is in his first year at the University of Ghana.

Dong Bortey disclosed that it’s his son’s desire to play football but he wants to focus on his education in order not to replicate the mistakes he did.

According to Bortey, he and other players signed a contract they didn’t have any idea about because they could not read to under the details.

“I want to give my first born to Yusif Chibsah to handle him as agent. The boy is a very good footballer and plays for the national U-17 team. His name is Bernard Dong Bortey Jr. and he’s also coming up. 

“He goes to school, a student at Legon, level 100.

“I didn’t go to school that much so I want him to marry all the two for him so he gets both education and football because our time wasn’t like that. 

“As for Chibsah he managed to go to school but as for me I was sturborn so I didn’t want to be in school because I wanted to be a great footballer. 

“I was indeed great but I should have learnt how to read and know how to sign deals so that when you’re entering to a 15 years deal you know. It’s true when you here that people have signed deals for 10 years at Accra Hearts of Oak. You can call Luis Agyemang and ask him”. 

Credit: Ghanaweb

I didn’t join Hearts for personal glory – Abednego Tetteh

0

Image via Ghanasoccernet

New Hearts of Oak striker, Abednego Tetteh says he is not at the club for individual accolades but to help the club end its trophy drought.

The Phobians are yet to win a major trophy since 2009.

The former Bechem United and Al Hilal striker is optimistic of helping the club lift a trophy.

“First of all, I am a supporter of Hearts of Oak, I was born a fan of the club and by God’s grace I have joined them,” he told FMIG


“I didn’t join Hearts for personal glory. As a player, you must be a team player, so that the team that is paying your salaries, reap the benefits.


He added, “I know Hearts of Oak haven’t won a trophy in the last ten years, so as a fan, I’m hungrier than the club in regards to winning a trophy. If not we win the league, we win the FA Cup.


“So that’s my first priority because Hearts are still in the two competitions.


“I will be more satisfied if Hearts win a trophy because Hearts did not buy me to win the goal king, they bought me to come and help win a cup.”


Football activities in the country has been suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

A return to Kotoko will be a dream come true – Eric Bekoe

0

Image via Kickgh

Former Asante Kotoko goal poacher, Eric Kwabena Bekoe is eyeing a second stint with the club before he retires from active football.

Bekoe joined the Porcupine Warriors prior to the commencement of the 2007/08 Ghana Premier League season under the tutelage of coach Bashir Hayford.

The prolific attacker netted 17 goals to win the goal king award – a record which remains unmatched by any Kotoko striker from then till now.

Bekoe – who is currently a free agent after terminating his contract with Leopards of Kenya – stated that he has an unfinished business at his idol club.

“I still have unfinished business at Kotoko. A move to Kotoko will be a dream come true,” he told Kumasi-based Akoma FM.

“I will play two more years before I finally quit football. Kotoko is a spirit, if you serve it well, you will do well in life.

He also expressed his readiness to help as a management member one day.

“I will play managerial role at Kotoko one day.”

Bekoe nearly rejoined Kotoko during coach Steve Pollack era, but the deal hit a snag despite training with the team.

During the 2007/08 season, Eric Bekoe scored 13 goals in 14 trial matches, 17 goals in 22 league matches, and 10 goals in 12 Africa matches, making 40 goals in 48 matches.

He left the Reds after thr 2008/09 season to sign for Egyptian side Petroject.

Bekoe has also had stints with Heart Of Lions, Sekondi Hasaacas and Berekum Chelsea.

Levski Sofia forward Nasiru Mohammed denies rejecting salary cut

0

Ghana striker, Nasiru Mohammed has debunked claims that he has rejected salary cut proposal by his team Levski Sofia which could lead to contract termination.

The 25-year-old was reported to be among seven foreign-based players who have rejected management’s decision to reduce monthly income of players due to the novel COVID-19 pandemic.

The report indicated that Mohammed could have his contract cancelled for refusing to accept pay-cut.

But speaking exclusively to footy.ghpush.com/, the former BK Hacken attacker rubbished the reports.

“Nothing like that is true. I’ve not rejected any pay-cut arrangements by my club. That report is not accurate. I’m surprised some people wrote that, ” he told footy.ghpush.com/.

“Yes, it [pay-cut] has been discussed, and almost all clubs in Europe are doing that, which is normal.”

The report further stated that duo Milan Mijatovic (Montenegro), Filipe Nascimento (Portugal) will not have their contracts renewed and so are unwilling to slash their salaries for the two months left on their contracts.

Austrian Deni Alar, who is on-loan from Rapid Vienna, will have his part of salary paid by the parent club.

Nuno Reis (Portugal), Stijn Spierings (Netherlands)  and Franco Mazurek (Argentina) have resisted pay cuts.

“I would have been a regular in Black Stars if I had an influential agent’ – Abednego Tetteh

0

Hearts Of Oak forward, Abednego Tetteh says he has struggled in his football career because of some ‘unfaithful ‘ agents who only thought about enriching their pockets.

The former Bechem United goal poacher bemoaned the rate at which some agents’ attitude have jeopardized the local-based players’ career.

Tetteh claims he would have been better off than he is now if he had had an influential agent.

“But there are some agents who I refer to as ‘Hand to Mouth Agents’, they only care about what they will benefit [and don’t care about your welfare as a player],” he told FMIG Gh Footy show.

PHOTO CREDIT: via Ghanasoccernet:Abednego Tetteh

”If I had Baba Rahman’s agent, I know definitely I would have been a regular in the Black Stars.

“I know that guy is the most luckiest (sic) player in Ghana.

According to him, former Asante Kotoko defender Abdul Baba Rahman is the most luckiest Ghanaian footballer because he has influential agents.

“Someone like Baba Rahman, I always say that guy is the luckiest footballer in Ghana.

“Since Baba Rahman traveled abroad (from Asante Kotoko), almost every year he gets a team to join even when he’s injured”

“This is because he has a very good agent who has links”, he noted.

Tetteh, 29, will feature for Hearts Of Oak in the second round of the 2019/20 after registering for them in the second transfer window.

He was a member of the Bechem United team that won the FA Cup in 2016 before leaving the Ghana to play for Sudanese giants Al Hilal.

He also enjoyed time in Ethiopia with Jimma Aba Buna before returning to Sudan to join Al Hilal Obeid.

Tetteh also played for Indian sides Real Kashmir and TRAU.

Agyemang Badu: I have unfinished business with Kotoko

0

Image via Ghanasoccernet

Ghana Black stars midfielder, Emmanuel Agyemang Badu has said that he has unfinished business with Asante Kotoko.

Badu joined the Porcupine Warriors in 2008 from Berekum Arsenals, but spent a few months before moving to Italian side Udinese.

Speaking on Asempa FM, the Fifa Under-20 World Cup winner revealed that he will play for Kotoko again before he retires.

He indicated that the most regrettable aspect of his football career is not representing Asante Kotoko to win laurels,

“The two most Regrettable aspect of my Football career is not representing Asante Kotoko to the highest level, and my failure to win the AFCON trophy with the Black Stars” he said.

“I have unfinished business with Asante Kotoko and I know I will one day come back to the club either in a Coaching capacity or managerial role, I really love the club.”

Badu current plays for Hellas Verona in Italy.

“I’m working hard for Black Stars call-up ” – Clifford Aboagye

0

Image via TV3

Former Ghana U20 talisman, Clifford Aboagye has reiterated his readiness for a debut Black Stars call-up.

The 25-year-old has failed to glitter as was predicted by many pundits in the game, having been named the third-best at the 2013 Fifa U20 World Youth Championship in Turkey.

Aboagye believes that he has not been a failure and that, he is getting ready for his first senior national team call-up.

“Getting my Black Stars debut has always been something I work towards. I know it could come at any moment so I have to get myself ready. I have done it at the youth level and Ghanaians know what I can do,” he told Juliet Bawuah of Tv3.

PHOTO:via TV3: Left to right: Clifford Aboagye, Paul Pogba and Tony Kroos at Fifa U20 in Turkey

” I knew there are a lot of people that are not following me in Mexico, but those who watch my games know I am playing regularly.

” It also depends on the coach because he knows the set up he wants to play. I believe I can give support to our attacking midfield to assist the strikers; that is what I am good at.

“We already have good players in the middle for Ghana and I don’t think I will have problems playing with them.”

Clifford Aboagye is currently playing for Querétaro F.C on loan from Club Atlas in Mexico.

The former Inter Allies midfielder joined Udinese in Italy after the impressive output at the U20 world cup, but was loaned to Spanish side Granada CF where he managed eleven appearances with six starts.